Chelten House – The Business
Chelten House Products, Inc. is a fourth-generation, family-owned, food industry manufacturer, with facilities in New Jersey and Nevada, that is an industry leader known to be the total solution for food companies requiring private label, value-added quality sauces and dressings. Chelten House is widely recognized for its all natural and organic expertise and our commitment to creating and manufacturing the finest tasting pasta sauces, salad dressings, salsas, ketchups, mustards and host of other sauces and blends. We continually use the highest standards of Quality and Safety with the sole purpose of serving our customers with products that provide a value.
Chelten House – The People
The Chelten House Team radiates our commitment to our customers, demonstrated in our dedication to high-quality service and to high-level team work. Every team member contributes to our success with their “can-do" attitude, positive demeanor and their untiring work ethic to get the job done and get the job done well. We have a passion to be the best and actively demonstrating a genuine consideration for the work that we do, the customers we serve and the co-workers we work with every day. Our ultimate goal is to be the best business partner for everyone we come in contact with.
• Read and sign broken glass policy. Follow the procedures.
• Verify with the Container Handler(s) that the correct glass inverter is properly installed and working.
• Check production schedule for items for the day, necessary washes and cap changes.
• Place correct sanitized nozzles into filler.
• Turn on conveyors.
• Turn on and reset bottle counter.
• If applicable: Turn on filler hopper heater, ensure the heater is filled with water.
• Ensure filler hopper heater is set to 200 degrees.
• Complete Pre-Op Inspection of both the filler and capper machines. Report any issues to the Production Lead and Maintenance.
• Before starting, have Production Lead and mechanic present to assure problem free start up.
• Operate the Filler machine per the SOP and JSA.
• Complete assigned quality inspections / tasks and record data.
• Alert the Production Lead and/or maintenance for any Production, Quality or Maintenance related issues.
• When production is complete, rinse and clean filler.
• Check the following day’s schedule for bottle type and change filler parts if necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma/GED and one (1) year related experience.
• Experience in a food manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule - 1st or 2nd shift on Monday – Friday, some Saturdays.
• Based upon position title, it may be required to lift up to 50lbs or have repetitive motion in your work content.