Chelten House Products, Inc. is a fourth-generation, family-owned, food industry manufacturer, with facilities in New Jersey and Nevada, that is an industry leader known to be the total solution for food companies requiring private label, value-added quality sauces and dressings. Chelten House is widely recognized for its all natural and organic expertise and our commitment to creating and manufacturing the finest tasting pasta sauces, salad dressings, salsas, ketchups, mustards and host of other sauces and blends. We continually use the highest standards of Quality and Safety with the sole purpose of serving our customers with products that provide a value.
Chelten House – The People
The Chelten House Team radiates our commitment to our customers, demonstrated in our dedication to high-quality service and to high-level team work. Every team member contributes to our success with their “can-do" attitude, positive demeanor and their untiring work ethic to get the job done and get the job done well. We have a passion to be the best and actively demonstrating a genuine consideration for the work that we do, the customers we serve and the co-workers we work with every day. Our ultimate goal is to be the best business partner for everyone we come in contact with.
Processing Supervisor position is a great opportunity for a high-energy leader. Do you enjoy keeping all the "moving parts" of a manufacturing floor going? Are you good at training, coaching and mentoring others? If you're ready to take the next step in your career and use those leadership skills, this is the position for you!
1. Participate and provide evaluation as part of the interview and selection process for positions within assigned area.
2. Develop, facilitate and oversee the training program content for new hire employees, newly transferred employees and temporary placements within assigned area.
3. Conduct training evaluation and authorize transition of temporary placements and temp-to-hire placements as regular hire employees within the organization.
4. Conduct training evaluation and assess probationary evaluation for new hire and newly transferred employees.
5. Perform area audits, productivity and metric reviews, and general performance and efficiency review of assigned area.
6. Partner with department manager and supervisor in the handling of employee relations matters to include coaching, mentoring, progressive discipline, and hiring, firing and general staffing management.
7. Partner with department manager and supervisor in the handling of daily processing matters to include: understanding daily schedules, demands for ingredients, transferring batches in the WonderWare computer system, GMPs, relief of Team Leaders , assisting in batch tasting for quality control test results.
8. Manage work schedules, assess and assign position station(s) and authorize overtime for employees within assigned area
9. Ensure efficiency, effectiveness and process adherence for workflow between assigned department and other departments within the Operations area; will participate in cross-functional teams, in drafting and/or contributing to standard operating procedures and work instruction development; will audit workflow for adherence and continuous improvement.
10. Perform other duties as assigned that will promote safety, teamwork, and/or company initiatives