Chelten House – The Business
Chelten House Products, Inc. is a fourth-generation, family-owned, food industry manufacturer, with facilities in New Jersey and Nevada, that is an industry leader known to be the total solution for food companies requiring private label, value-added quality sauces and dressings. Chelten House is widely recognized for its all natural and organic expertise and our commitment to creating and manufacturing the finest tasting pasta sauces, salad dressings, salsas, ketchups, mustards and host of other sauces and blends. We continually use the highest standards of Quality and Safety with the sole purpose of serving our customers with products that provide a value.
Chelten House – The People
The Chelten House Team radiates our commitment to our customers, demonstrated in our dedication to high-quality service and to high-level team work. Every team member contributes to our success with their “can-do" attitude, positive demeanor and their untiring work ethic to get the job done and get the job done well. We have a passion to be the best and actively demonstrating a genuine consideration for the work that we do, the customers we serve and the co-workers we work with every day. Our ultimate goal is to be the best business partner for everyone we come in contact with.
• Review all materials including packaging, ingredients, labels, etc. to assure they are within specification
• Test and monitor all in-process product to assure it meets all established physical specifications, quality system and external customer requirements
• Perform analytical and chemical laboratory tests per Standard Operating Procedures including pH, viscosity, acidity, brix, color analysis and salt analysis
• Own and lead food safety and food quality programs with the direction of the QA manager
• Be able to assist with internal/external audits
• Complete all necessary documentation in a timely and accurate manner
• Monitor facility personnel to assure compliance with all appropriate Good Manufacturing Practices as well as Standard Operating Procedures
• Minimum High School diploma or GED equivalent; college degree preferred
• Quality Assurance/ Quality Control experience is required.
• Quality experience in a food manufacturing environment is strongly preferred
• Must be detailed oriented and possess strong mathematical skills
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
• Possess strong communication skills, both verbal and written
• Experience using MS Office Suite
• Willingness to lead by example through actions and etiquette
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.